PROBATE COURTS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES
NEW HAMPSHIRE FOUNDATION ACT
564-F:20-2006 Known Claims Against Dissolved Foundation.
(a) A dissolved foundation may dispose of a known claimant's claim against the dissolved foundation by delivering to the claimant a written notice of the dissolution at any time after the dissolution's effective date.
(b) The notice of dissolution shall set forth:
(1) A description of the information that must be included in a claim;
(2) A mailing address where a claim may be sent;
(3) The deadline by which the dissolved foundation must receive the claim; and
(4) A statement that the claim will be barred if not received by the deadline.
(c) For purposes of subsection (b)(3), the deadline may not be fewer than 90 days from the date on which the dissolved foundation delivers the notice of dissolution to the claimant.
(d) If the dissolved foundation delivers to a claimant a notice of dissolution in accordance with subsection (a), then the claimant's claim against a dissolved foundation shall be barred unless:
(1) The claimant delivers a notice of the claim to the dissolved foundation on or before the deadline set forth in the notice of dissolution; and
(2) The claimant commences a judicial proceeding to enforce the claim against the dissolved foundation within 90 days after the deadline set forth in the notice of dissolution.
(e) For purposes of this section, "claim" does not include a contingent liability or a claim based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution.
Source. 2017, 257:47, eff. Oct. 1, 2017.