PROBATE COURTS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES
NEW HAMPSHIRE FOUNDATION ACT
Reports and Other Filings
564-F:22-2202 Correcting Filed Document.
(a) Subject to subsection (b), a foundation or foreign foundation may correct a document described in subsection (c) by filing with the secretary of state a certificate of correction.
(b) A foundation or foreign foundation may file a certificate of correction only within one year of the filing of the document described in subsection (c).
(c) A document filed with the secretary of state may be corrected if:
(1) The document contains an inaccuracy; or
(2) The document was defectively executed, attested, sealed, verified, or acknowledged.
(d) The certificate of correction shall set forth:
(1) A statement identifying the document to be corrected;
(2) The filing date of the document to be corrected;
(3) A description of the inaccuracy or defect to be corrected; and
(4) A statement correcting the inaccuracy or defect.
(e) The certificate of correction may include a copy of the document to be corrected.
(f) A certificate of correction is effective on:
(1) Except as provided in subsection (f)(2), the effective date of the document that the certificate of correction corrects; and
(2) With respect to any person relying on the uncorrected document and adversely affected by the correction, the date on which the certificate of correction is filed.
Source. 2017, 257:47, eff. Oct. 1, 2017.