Appeals From Commissioner's Decisions

Section 279:16-a

    279:16-a Appeals. – Except as otherwise provided by statute, any party aggrieved by a written decision of the commissioner may appeal such decision to the superior court not later than 20 days from the date thereof by petition setting forth that the decision is erroneous, in whole or in part, and specifying the grounds upon which the decision is claimed to be in error. Upon the filing of an appeal, the commissioner shall transfer to the court the record of the proceeding or a certified copy thereof. The scope of review by the superior court shall be limited to questions of law; however, the court may consider newly discovered evidence. After hearing and upon consideration of the record, the court may affirm, vacate, or modify, in whole or in part, the decision of the commissioner or may remand the same to the commissioner for further findings. In the absence of a seasonable appeal, the decision and order shall be final.

Source. 1995, 94:6, eff. July 15, 1995.