SHERIFFS, CONSTABLES, AND POLICE OFFICERS
MISSING ADULT PROGRAM AND MISSING VULNERABLE ADULT ALERT PROGRAM
Missing Vulnerable Adult Alert Program
In this subdivision:
" means any individual duly designated as a caregiver for a person who needs care assistance as a vulnerable adult. A caregiver includes, but is not limited to, a relative, paid caregiving professional, partner, friend, or neighbor who has a significant relationship with the person.
" means the department of safety.
Missing vulnerable adult
" includes, but is not limited to, a missing adult who:
(a)(1) Is 18 years or older;
(2) Whose whereabouts are unknown;
(3) Whose last known whereabouts at the time he or she is reported missing is in New Hampshire; and
(4) Whose disappearance poses a credible threat to the safety and health of the person, as determined by a local law enforcement agency; and
(b)(1) Who has a mental or cognitive disability, such as dementia;
(2) Who has an intellectual or developmental disability;
(3) Who has a brain injury; or
(4) Who has another physical, mental, or emotional disability.
Source. 2009, 279:3, eff. July 1, 2010. 2016, 256:5, eff. Aug. 9, 2016.