Section 654:1

    654:1 Voter; Office Holder. –
I. Every inhabitant of the state, having a single established domicile for voting purposes, being a citizen of the United States, of the age provided for in Article 11 of Part First of the Constitution of New Hampshire, shall have a right at any meeting or election, to vote in the town, ward, or unincorporated place in which he or she is domiciled. An inhabitant's domicile for voting purposes is that one place where a person, more than any other place, has established a physical presence and manifests an intent to maintain a single continuous presence for domestic, social, and civil purposes relevant to participating in democratic self-government. A person has the right to change domicile at any time, however a mere intention to change domicile in the future does not, of itself, terminate an established domicile before the person actually moves.
I-a. A student of any institution of learning may lawfully claim domicile for voting purposes in the New Hampshire town or city in which he or she lives while attending such institution of learning if such student's claim of domicile otherwise meets the requirements of RSA 654:1, I.
II. Any elected or appointed official for whom one of the qualifications for his or her position is eligibility to be a voter in the area represented or served shall be considered to have resigned if the official moves his or her domicile so that he or she can no longer qualify to be a voter in the area represented or served. Any vacancy so created shall be filled as prescribed by law.

Source. 1979, 396:1; 436:1. 2003, 289:23. 2007, 9:1. 2009, 288:1. 2012, 285:1, eff. Aug. 26, 2012.